21 June 2010

I Love When Men Love Each Other

I need a term for this.  Lauren of Braves Love calls it Gay Lumberjack, which is funny, but not quite my style.  And it's more than a bromance.

What has brought this on?  Watching the boys win, that's what.

I love it when someone scores a run, and trots into the dugout... where they are mobbed by high fives, helmet pounds, all macho-like.  And then?  WHAM!  A smack to the ass.  I don't know why I find this so amusing, but I love it, love it, love it.  It's the cutest thing.  I see that, and my reaction is--well wait.  I have several reactions.

  • "Awww... they love each other!"
  • "I wonder when this butt-smacking routine became commonplace... who started it?  Was it something back in the 1800's?"
  • "Hmm... I'd like to smack some of that, too..."  
I remember a particular game, in which Gregor Blanco was playing (if I find the highlight, I'll post it)... whenever someone had scored a run and returned to the dugout, the usual mob of fist bumps and high fives and butt smacking would occur, but Blanco would also very carefully, almost reverently, lift the helmet from that particular player's head, with two hands from behind, and put it away.  And I just thought it was so cute...

I'm sure the players LOVE it when girls like me think that their macho antics are just precious.  :P

No comments: