13 September 2011

To Infante and Beyond!

All right, so I didn't come up with that... These people did:
August 29, 2010
Needless to say, though, Omar Infante is amazing.  All you stat-heads out there?  I don't give a flying *expletive deleted* what you have to say or what numbers you try to throw my way.  I can read and analyze just as well as you can... hell, I even know how to do the maths and all the economics of baseball.  Imagine that.  But I don't give a damn.  Omar Infante is amazing and there is pretty much nothing you can possibly say that will ever change my mind.  Don't tell me how to be a fan, jerks.  (As you can see, I've had problems with this.)

So, clearly, this is going to be an Ode to Omar post.  If you don't like Omar Infante, I'd stop reading now.  Also, I'm surprised you would even be here, actually... considering my inordinate love of Braves (or former Braves... or non-Braves) of Venezuelan descent.

One more note before I begin... Yes, I will post Braves and Blue Jays related things soon.  I've been having issues with 1) my camera's memory cards, 2) my computer's hard drive, and 3) my stupid Internet.  But I've gotten several game day posts half-written, with pictures that need to be inserted and captioned, and properly uploaded.  Now... onwards!

How about some recent clips of Omar being fantastic?  I vote Yes.

Five ribbies against the Pirates (9/9)?  Sure, why not.


Omar:  Yeah, I guess I'll start things off here... someone's gotta get on the board first.  May as well be me.




Omar:  19 doubles?  Let's make that a nice round even 20, shall we?  Oh, and was that another RBI?



Omar:  I think I am going to go for a few more RBIs now... PS, thanks Pirates outfielder!


How about a couple double plays against the Phillies on my birthday (9/4)?  You know it!


Omar:  SIT DOWN RUIZ AND VALDEZ!!


Omar:  SIT DOWN VICTORINO AND MARTINEZ!!
How about some photos?  I love Omar photos, don't you??  (The correct answer is "Yes!")  Unfortunately, that will have to wait a bit, as I will have to search the archives for particularly fantastic Omar Infante shots.  But these will be posted as well.


In the meantime, I leave you with this gem.  Neat freak.






Edit 9/13:  I see that some of the video links appear to be black boxes rather than videos.  I will see what I can do to fix it, soon.  Not much I can do, though, I'm afraid, other than go re-find all of the videos I liked and post the link straight to the MLB page.  I will get on that when I get off of work, as my lunch break is just about to end.  Thanks.

No comments: