02 November 2010

Off-Season Sundries

Yes, I know I said I was going to get the photos from Bobby's last game up.  Yes, I know I said I'd be quick about it.  I've been putting it off because it still stings a little bit.  It's as though I feel like if I do get it posted and written up... then it really is over.  :(

That being said, I wanted to make note of a few things.  Off-Season Hell is officially here.  I don't dislike the other sports.  At all.  But there's simply nothing like baseball.  With basketball, I just have a blinding hatred for all teams not the Atlanta Hawks; I don't know who is on our bench or who is on everybody else's team unless they are a superstar, and then, since they don't play for the Hawks, I despise them.  With football, I'm sort of like, "GO ATLANTA" but I have NO idea what is going on, and why there are brightly colored hankies being thrown on the field all the time, nor do I know who is on our team beyond a couple guys.  With hockey?  I only know that the Thrashers are Atlanta's team, and that the Flying V is a poor strategy to use in hockey.  Thanks for the sub-par hockey education, Disney.

Because it is now the off-season, we now have a number of free agents:  Derrek Lee, Troy Glaus, and Eric Hinske.  Our beautiful awesome badass wonderful first basemen!!!  <3 <3 <3 them all.  I know that Freddie's the "First Baseman of the Future," but... I've grown very fond of D-Lee, T-Roy, and most of all, Ske.  So Frank Wren... on the off-chance you are reading this, PLEASE please please bring back Eric Hinske.  We need him.  I'll miss the other boys, but Ske MUST be in Atlanta in March.  He's too good, and too great of a clubhouse guy to lose.... !

Also, as BravesJennifer of the Tomahawk Team pointed out, a certain Braves player has already gotten bored with the off-season:  Peter Moylan.  It seems that Pete has created himself a blog, a Facebook fan page, and a Twitter account.  AWESOME.

And now this is when I go:  Congratulations San Francisco Giants.  I'm glad Timmy did so well.  I'm glad that Edgar Renteria (former Brave!) won it.

But I'm mad that there is no more baseball.  There could have been 2 more games.  TWO MORE.  Anything to delay off-season hell... but no, the SF Giants clearly didn't get the memo.  THANKS A LOT YOU JERKS.  What am I going to do for the next FOUR months????????????????????   (Y'all still did good.  I'm just mad.)

And poor Cliff Lee.  Cliff Lee with his beautiful sad eyes, rosin-y, sweaty cap, sweeping long lashes (fanning us as he blinks) and his insanely awesome pitching.  Outdone by the Giants?  How could this be?  Craiggie said, "Perhaps he's human after all."  Yes.  But... seriously?  The Giants?  I still can't believe it.

Okay.  Enough of all that.  I really will post those photos soon.  Along with all the other things I plan on posting.  Soon.  Really.  Promise.

For now, though, I'll leave you with this:


You're welcome.  ;D

EDIT:  This just in.  Travis Snider has also joined Twitter fairly recently.  And it is pretty much one of the most hilarious things I've ever read.  Case in point:
Lunchboxhero45:  I cannot confirm that I can take down a 67oz Roast. I want to say the largest steak I have ever ordered and eaten was roughly 48oz
 That's Mr. Meats-Don't-Clash for you.  Check out Blue Jay Hunter's blog if you don't know what I'm talking about (link on sidebar).

<3

No comments: